Because excess clutter can sometimes mistakenly be thought of as hoarding, I dedicated this episode to providing some facts and information about Hoarding Disorder.
In this episode I cover:
- The clinical diagnosis criteria for Hoarding Disorder
- The reasons some people hoard
- Hoarding vs. Collecting
- Demographic information about Hoarding Disorder
- What makes decluttering difficult for people who hoard
- Treatment strategies for hoarding
- How to have a conversation with someone who is ready for help with her/his hoarding
Here is a link to the Hoarding Fact Sheet from IOCDF.
Here is a link to the Clutter Image Rating Scale from IOCDF with the 9 pictures of 3 different rooms in various states from completely uncluttered to severe hoarding.
I hope this information provides clarity and understanding for yourself or others regarding Hoarding Disorder.
Until next time, keep on Purifying!