Are you new to this fresh approach to home and life decluttering called Purification? Learn more here!
To be effective, enjoyable spaces for food preparation – and eating – it is vital for our kitchens’ energy to be clear and fresh. One of the best ways to accomplish this is through Purifying.
In this episode, I briefly cover Purifying these categories of kitchen belongings:
- Pots and pans
- Cooking and serving utensils
- Eating utensils
- Dishes and glassware
- Food storage containers
- Wraps, foil, and bags
- Small appliances
There is a benefit to Purifying a room that has so many different categories. It allows you to easily take it one step at a time as you sort through each one.
Here are a few steps to follow as you Purify in the kitchen:
- Breathe: Receive a few deep, centering breaths to ground and center yourself. Get clear about what your intentions are.
- Talk with Each Other: If you share your kitchen with another, be sure to communicate. Share your ideas about Purifying and ask for their input. If more than one person cooks in the kitchen, consider collaborating on your kitchen Purification.
- Identify Your Categories: Your categories may differ from my list above. Take a tour of your kitchen to identify your unique categories. Be sure to consider if there are kitchen belongings that are stored in another area of the home. Write your categories down. This will serve as a basis for your Purification plan.
- Choose Your Starting Point: Select a category to begin with. Choosing a smaller category or one with less volume of belongings may help!
- Clear Your Space: Create a clear, open space for Purifying. This may be the kitchen table, island, or even a clean space on the kitchen or living room floor. Give yourself plenty of space to spread items so you can see everything clearly.
- Sort Your Belongings: Move through each category on your list. You can make a day of it, do one category per week, or whatever rhythm works for you! Create piles for keep, let go, recycle, and trash.
- Select a Temporary Storage Space: If you’re not able to donate or otherwise distribute your ‘let go’ belongings right away, create a temporary storage space. This is a vital step so you don’t end up stuffing these objects back into kitchen storage areas!
- Re-Place and Organize: Put away your ‘keep’ items in a way that makes sense to you. Organize these belongings so you can access them easily and quickly, as needed. Keep it simple.
- REMEMBER: There Are No Rules: You get to set up your kitchen in any way that makes the most sense to you.
Links From This Episode
- etee: Source for plastic-free food storage. Bags, wraps, and more!
- 38: Purifying In The Kitchen: Food, Pantries and Fridges
- 71: Food & Our Kitchen Energy with Health Coach Liza Baker: Part 1
- 72: Food & Our Kitchen Energy with Health Coach Liza Baker: Part 2
Join The Let’s Purify! Mailing List
Why join the mailing list?
- You receive an email from me every Wednesday with musings about the podcast and other Purification-related stuff!
- It’s a great way to keep in touch and I respond to every email reply!
- You receive a free quiz download called “Are Your Clutter & Old Stuff Holding You Back From What Matters Most?”. This is a great way to dive deeper into your Purification exploration.
Until next time, my friend, keep on Purifying!