Annette Comp-Patti, stylist and owner of Annex Hair Studio, joined me on the podcast to share her wisdom about clean beauty and how we can decrease the potentially toxic makeup and hair products in our bathrooms.
In this episode you’ll learn about:
- Annette’s experience with auto-immune issues and how this influenced her decision to create a salon where healthy living and clean beauty can co-exist
- What the clean beauty movement is and how it is changing the beauty industry
- The importance of expiration dates on makeup and hair products
- The negative effects of toxic beauty products
- The Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Cosmetic Database for researching the safety of our beauty products
- Helpful tips to avoid accumulating a “product graveyard” under your bathroom sink!
This is Part 2 of Purifying In The Bathroom. Check out the first segment here: 45: Purifying In The Bathroom: Beauty Products & Medicine Cabinets.
Annette Comp-Patti is owner of Annex Hair Studio in Newville, PA. She has been a licensed cosmetologist for 20 years. Annex Hair Studio opened its doors in 2009 with a vision to educate clients and share how healthy living and clean beauty coexist. All salon services are practiced with this vision in mind by using organic, ammonia free, and allergy friendly products.